New plan to keep going

by - 09:58


I've been stuck now for a while, not losing fat (or not so much, at least), not because "I'm doing everything right but still nothing", but because I always overeat. I also just about always eat so called "unhealthy" things. I don't like to label foods as "bad" or "unhealthy" so from now on let's just call them "calorific", ok? :) Even a hamburger, a pizza or a huge cupcake can be good for you, if that's what your mind and soul are craving and needing. So.

I asked the awesome ladies over at the GGS Strong women lift each other up Facebook group what to do with myself. I got so many great replies including recommendations for books, advice about NOT weighing myself and counting calories anymore, hydrating, etc. It just suddenly became so clear to me what to do. 




First of all, I'll continue lifting. No more weight loss goals. No more calorie counting. Stay hydrated, and have protein WITH EVERY MEAL. Protein is difficult for me because meat is so extremely expensive here, and protein powder is out of the question because of the cost, so I'll trust in milk, eggs, cheese, lentils and beans.
I'll need to work on my hunger ques. How to know when to stop eating, at full, not stuffed.

And instead of thinking about the long haul, I'll keep my focus on "meal by meal", not even day by day. MEAL by MEAL. Make clever choices NOW. Focus on fruits and veggies more, eat not only for enjoyment but also to nourish my body.
Also, the most important thing; self-acceptance. I need to love myself the way I am right now, not as the fit and normal weight person I hope to be in the future. My happiness is not depending on some "magic" number on the scale.

So there's the plan. Simple but probably needs some work. I'll be keeping a food journal also, but with the Youfood app where you simply take a photo of what you eat. At the end of the day you get a great overview and can see what might need to be adjusted.

Here's to healthier choices for both my body and mind! :)

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer